Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Summer seabird

As is predictable at this time of year, the Grimsbury Res patch has been quiet, as we enter the period between spring and autumn migration.

So it was a  surprise, during a breezy and unsettled period of weather on Tuesday 11/06 - as part of Storm Miguel - that a pristine adult Kittiwake appeared, flying around the res with a Lesser Black Backed Gull. Unfortunately it didn't hang around long enough for anyone else and vanished as I looked down to send a text on my phone!







Amazingly the 5th year in a row and 6th Kittiwake I've recorded during my time patching Grimbo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...