Pages

Friday 20 March 2020

The harbingers of Spring

Well what a truly crazy and surreal world we're living in at the moment, in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic.

The last few days in particular have been like something out of a movie, with life as we know it being turned completely on it's head. I'm no longer in the office and will now be working from home for the foreseeable - which feels mega weird, having probably only worked at home three or four times before, due to snow!

One thing though that for now won't waver, is my and many other's love of birds and wildlife, providing a welcome sense of escapism during these strange times. I've tried my best to get a walk in, pre and post work, at nearby Grimsbury Res this week, allowing me to get a snippet of exercise, enjoy some welcome fresh air and maybe, just maybe see some decent birds too!

Thankfully, this has coincided with a flurry of fresh-in migrants with my first 2020 LRP of the year on 14th (2 days later than last year) a cracking male Wheatear on 18th and my first two local Sand Martins on 19th. More of the same please!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...