Pages

Sunday 12 September 2021

Bucknell butterflies

Tried several times to get my annual fix of local Purple Emperors in Bucknell Wood this year - but despite visiting three times in suitable weather, the 'proper views' eluded me and so I had to be content with flight views. But not to worry, it happens!

They were late this year in comparison to reason years, (along with plenty of other butterfly species). They eventually appeared a good 10 days into July, as apposed to the last couple of weeks of June.

Bucknell offers plenty more than just the Emperors though and I was treated to pretty much all the other expected specialties. Prolonged, close-up views of a couple of White-Letter Hairstreaks a particular highlight.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...