Pages

Friday 3 December 2021

The Hoopoe & the Swallow

A Hoopoe took up residence for several days, in the rather unusual surroundings of IBM's offices in Warwick. I hadn't seen one in the UK since 2013, a significant time ago so was more than tempted!

With the apparent chance of sun on the afternoon of Sunday 31/10 and me having a rare free couple of hours, I took the 35 mins drive over there.

Needless to say it was a very enjoyable visit, with great views had as it pottered around the reception lawn, plucking big fat grubs regularly from beneath the closely cropped grass.











I quick stop at Grimsbury Res on the way home in very fresh and blustery conditions was worth a stab to see if the wind had pulled in a stray Kittiwake or something. No Kittis but something very much not on the radar - a tatty-looking Swallow! My latest ever by quite some distance. Fingers crossed it turned it's radar on fast and made it's way south!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...