This morning I decided to have a look at Harrington Airfield in the hope I'd come across the Merlin seen there frequently recently.
Birds were rather thin on the ground just initially just 2 Red Kites and a Buzzard over.
I then heard a rather distressed squeal from a Skylark and turned around to see the silhouette of a Merlin with Skylark in talons. After initially losing it in the sun I watched it cruise away off towards the shooting wall. Fantastic! I then got a call from Dave to say he had a Clouded Yellow at Grange Park...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ardley Baird's
Ardley ERF Lagoon and adjacent quarry pits has been a regular local birding haunt of mine during the past 5 years, offering that rare local ...
-
Back in the final quarter of 2025, the lure of the returning drake Spectacled Eider, led to myself, Gareth B. and Dan W. putting together a ...
-
This spring / summer's sunny weather continued through June, with temperatures hitting the 30s on a regular basis. A significant UK infl...
-
The evening of Friday 10/10, saw me driving up to north Norfolk for the annual 'magic week', mid-October catch-up. This year Dan W. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment