Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

Couple of brief outings

On Saturday (14/02) Em & I went for lunch at the Red Lion in East Haddon (very nice there by the way!). Afterwards, I had a quick 10 minute scan from the causeway at nearby Ravensthorpe Reservoir. Nice to see the 1st-winter drake Scaup (now sporting pretty much full adult plumage from what I could see) amongst several Tufties on the small side however very little else of note, yet again on a miserable, cloudy day!

















Had another look for Lesser Peckers again first thing on Sunday (15/02). Again no luck but I'll persevere! Was probably an even drearier day than the previous and so bird activity was pretty low key.

Before heading back to Brackers for lunch, I took a trip to nearby Abington Park. On the lake, 3 Goosander were present. Of them, a male and female were knocking about in the centre of the lake, however the other bird, a female, came insanely close, probably 6 feet away. As per usual, I'm going to moan about the shit light (the SX50 really is a fair weather camera!) however I guess the photos aren't too bad considering.


















One of the now resident Ring-Necked Parakeet was to be heard squawking away and it didn't take me long to locate it in the top of a nearby tree.


  















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...