Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

Black Winged Stilts!

Black Winged Stilts have visited Northants at least 3 times during my lifetime and each and every time I've been nowhere near home. So yesterday felt like no exception while with friends up in Leeds, checking my phone and seeing the dreaded news, "2 Black Winged Stilts on Summer Leys scrape." Unbelievably typical!
 Anyway we set off back to Northants around midday at a rapid pace, heading straight for the Stilts.
Thankfully, walking into the hide they were instantly viewable with the naked eye right in front of the Pioneer Hide, a pair of Black Winged Stilts wow!!!

















After initially being asleep for a short while, they were soon actively feeding away. It was then, my jaw dropped as they began mating there right in front of me, a snapped away with the camera in total disbelief before frantically checking my camera to check the results. Thankfully, I managed what I think are pretty awesome results:





















I went on to enjoy brilliant views for a good hour. It was hard not to stay there longer and fill up my camera with more and more shots to be honest. Here are a few more gooduns before I left plus a video of the pair:
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...