Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

New local patch!

I've been meaning to check out some wasteland on the outskirts of Brackley and I finally got around to it after work on Thursday 12/06.

It's quite a large area with a mixture of wildflower meadow, a carpet of oxeye daisies and lots of concrete and twisted metal!



















It was full of life and over the coming days I found some great stuff. Butterflies were everywhere and as I was hoping, it had a decent sized population of Marbled White!






















On the Orchid front too I was lucky enough to find at least 15 Bee Orchids and better still 3 Pyramidal Orchids! A great little site, sadly though with a re-development planning application nailed to the entrance. But for now I'll be keeping my eye on it me thinks! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...