Pages

Saturday 10 August 2013

Night Heron

So a young Night Heron had been lingering at Thornton Reservoir in Leicestershire for nearly two weeks and with it being very close to the M1 I finally caved and headed there after work yesterday (Friday 09/08). It was a bird I've wanted to see for years and would be a long awaited lifer.

After getting very useful directions from Dave who went there last week, I headed round the left hand arm of the reservoir. After a bit of scanning I found it, Night Heron! He was roosting in the bottom of a willow. Over the next hour or so it performed brilliantly, sitting right out in the open for the most part, as well as doing a bit of fishing, as well as being briefly pestered by a Carrion Crow. Went away a very happy chap!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...