Pages

Monday 7 December 2015

Patch Brent!

Last week, I made my regular lunchtime visit to Grimsbury on Thursday (03/12), not expecting to find anything too dramatic. However this was soon thrown out of the window as scanning through a large flock of around 80 local Canada Geese on the water, there in the middle was a juvenile Dark-Bellied Brent Goose!!

Now I think it is fair to say, this was a super patch mega, later finding out from Gareth Blockley that it was only the 3rd site record & first since January 1988!

















It was a bit of a bumper visit, as soon after a Dunlin began calling and I soon picked it up landing briefly before flying off east. Almost immediately, a Peregrine then flew north. It was all happening!

The next day, Friday (04/12), another lunchtime visit failed to deliver the Brent again, despite there being between 150-200 Canadas present. A Raven heading north was my first of the year here though and there was also a calling Chiffchaff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...