There has been quite a bit of chat about whether it was a female or a 1st-winter male, however I think consensus has settled on female. A treat to get such good, prolonged views - well worth the drive along the A361.
Monday, 6 May 2019
Rouzel at last
I've tried pretty hard to find myself a Ring Ouzel this spring, but with no luck! So when a single bird was discovered at the now regular Rouzel stop off of Newnham Hill, near Daventry, I popped over after work for a look on Monday 29/04.


There has been quite a bit of chat about whether it was a female or a 1st-winter male, however I think consensus has settled on female. A treat to get such good, prolonged views - well worth the drive along the A361.
There has been quite a bit of chat about whether it was a female or a 1st-winter male, however I think consensus has settled on female. A treat to get such good, prolonged views - well worth the drive along the A361.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ardley Baird's
Ardley ERF Lagoon and adjacent quarry pits has been a regular local birding haunt of mine during the past 5 years, offering that rare local ...
-
Back in the final quarter of 2025, the lure of the returning drake Spectacled Eider, led to myself, Gareth B. and Dan W. putting together a ...
-
2024 was a truly awful year for butterflies - the weather during the summer months was very hit and miss and numbers were well down. This y...
-
This spring / summer's sunny weather continued through June, with temperatures hitting the 30s on a regular basis. A significant UK infl...
No comments:
Post a Comment