Pages

Thursday 9 June 2022

Butterflies

As May rumbled on, things slowed up on the birding front, coinciding with the emergence of a few local butterfly species.

Butterflying year on year, is always dependant on good weather. However, the morning of Sunday 22/05 was warm and relatively sunny. So I popped out to see my first Wood Whites of the year at nearby Bucknell Wood, with 10+ seen.



Also enjoyed good numbers of Broad-Bodied Chasers zipping about, plus my first Common Blue of the year and a Crab Spider standing out by the side of the path.





Before heading back home - I took a walk along the public footpath by Croughton Quarry, to check on the progress of my local Grizzled Skipper colony. Pleasingly, there 5 in total in varying states of condition. Also a few more Common Blues and a smart little Brown Argus too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...