Pages

Monday 30 March 2015

Birds on the move

The last couple of weeks has seen spring migration rumble into action. Chiffchaffs have gradually repopulated wooded areas. I've had up to 8 at Grimsbury Res in recent days and probably at least 7 singing at Boddington Res back on Saturday (28/03), despite the cloudy and blustery conditions!
















I've been giving Grimsbury Reservoir in Banbury a bit of battering most days, either before work or on my lunch break. Amazingly yet another adult Kittiwake, (the second of the month) made an appearance on Tuesday (24/03), found by Gareth Blockley.





I also had my first and only Sand Martin to date, on 19/03. Other decent birds for the site have included a unexpected Mandarin, a pair of Teal, flyover Peregrine, a Coot (a site rarity!), Lesser Redpoll & a White Wagtail.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...