Pages

Friday 10 July 2020

Marbled Whites

As we headed into June, a couple of my favourite local meadows reach their summer peak, as orchids suddenly spring up and butterfly numbers rise, amongst a sea of Ox-eye daisies!



June and the emergence of the Marbled Whites is always an anticipated time each year. A real symbol of summer and my favourite UK butterfly for sure! I'm lucky that they are in great numbers around where I live here in South Northants.











There's also been the usual spread of orchids (Bees & Pyramidals) throughout, together with a variety of common butterflies and dragonflies too -all very nice and luckily blessed that the weather for the most part had been quite good for the majority of June.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...