Friday, 9 May 2014
Grimsbury Reservoir recents
So I started work in Banbury back in January. I've recently discovered a nice little sight very close to the centre, a small concrete-sided basin with a bit of woodland and scrub. It's an ideal size to scour during my lunch hour. So far I've found a couple of Common Sandpiper, 7 warblers species, a Peregrine, a pair of Shoveler, several Yellow and White Wagtail, plenty of hirundines and 2 Wheatear. I tend to do a circuit 2-3 times a week weather permitting and will continue to throughout the summer. Below are a few photos of the more recent things seen:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ardley Baird's
Ardley ERF Lagoon and adjacent quarry pits has been a regular local birding haunt of mine during the past 5 years, offering that rare local ...
-
Back in the final quarter of 2025, the lure of the returning drake Spectacled Eider, led to myself, Gareth B. and Dan W. putting together a ...
-
2024 was a truly awful year for butterflies - the weather during the summer months was very hit and miss and numbers were well down. This y...
-
This spring / summer's sunny weather continued through June, with temperatures hitting the 30s on a regular basis. A significant UK infl...
No comments:
Post a Comment