Pages

Monday, 7 July 2014

New local patch!

I've been meaning to check out some wasteland on the outskirts of Brackley and I finally got around to it after work on Thursday 12/06.

It's quite a large area with a mixture of wildflower meadow, a carpet of oxeye daisies and lots of concrete and twisted metal!



















It was full of life and over the coming days I found some great stuff. Butterflies were everywhere and as I was hoping, it had a decent sized population of Marbled White!






















On the Orchid front too I was lucky enough to find at least 15 Bee Orchids and better still 3 Pyramidal Orchids! A great little site, sadly though with a re-development planning application nailed to the entrance. But for now I'll be keeping my eye on it me thinks! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

A big patch tick and Autumn Mothing

Summer migrant birds abruptly dried up by the end of September, as they take on their journey south to their wintering grounds. We now move ...