Pages

Thursday, 10 December 2020

Farmoor

It was long overdue that I had a change in scenery when it came to my birding, having kept things very close to home for weeks on end!

So on Saturday 05/12, I headed over to Farmoor, on what was a bright, pleasant afternoon. Knowing there were a few decent things about and also that it's generally a good site for photos, it was well worth a look.

I took a walk all the way around F2 and eventually picked out the juvenile Great Northern Diver that had been in situ for a while now. It was flipping mobile, under water for long periods before popping up a long, long way from where it went under - it was hard to keep up with! But eventually it stuck to one area for a while and allowed some nice views.

I made my way to the W side of F1 to look for the 3 Scaup that had been about. The Scaup unfortunately kept their distance (two of them below), despite the majority of the flock being super close. 

I did though get some great views of the Aythya hybrid close in - a smart bird with a resemblance to a drake Lesser Scaup.

The light, as the sun dipped was fantastic and made for an impressive sight and a stunning sunset as I made my way back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A big patch tick and Autumn Mothing

Summer migrant birds abruptly dried up by the end of September, as they take on their journey south to their wintering grounds. We now move ...