Pages

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Turtle Doves

During the late afternoon / early evening of Sunday (01/06) I got the chance to get some time to head to Otmoor RSPB near Oxford and spend some quality time with the Turtle Doves there. I'd hoped to get some good views and wow I certainly wasn't disappointed!

On arrival by the cattle pens I immediately had one on the ground feeding on grit showing brilliantly well.




 















In total there were at least 3 Doves present, with at least two purring away and showing brilliantly, both on the wires and on a nearby dead tree.


















The place was alive with insects and birds, it's a brilliant reserve. Didn't see anything else too spectacular however it was nice to experience my first drumming Snipe for a while, a perched Cuckoo, as well as the constant hum of warblers.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenerife

Back from a very sunny, family holiday in Tenerife, 17/03 - 22/03. If time permitted, I was keen to get round to see as many of the endemc b...